Pseudo Random News and Comment

Gene controls three different diseases  Just the sort of pathological cheapness on the part of nature that will make genetic cures for disease difficult. Multiple uses needn’t be all good or all bad. Fixing one thing may often break something else.

Build Your Own Neutra Home!  They still look modern a generation later.

What Martial Arts Have to Do With Atheism  Interesting interview with Sam Harris.

Sexually explicit material affects behavior in young people less than thought I always wonder how you find a control group of males who haven’t watched porn. In this study 88% said they had. 88% of the other 12% were lying. So the lack of statistical difference isn’t surprising.

Autism risk spotted at birth in abnormal placentas  This raises an interesting question of who is doing what to whom.

Pleasure and pain: the effect of (almost) having an orgasm on genital and nongenital sensitivity. I’m going to go way out on a limb and guess that subjects who perform in these conditions may not quite represent the norm, thought the results seem reasonable.

Thought Prenda Was Dead? No, It’s Up To Its Old Tricks… And More  Amazingly limitless depravity.

The Gold Medal Gold Model, Tarnished?  A fundamental model for gold. For the patient it seems to be holding up quite well.

Why Sleep Deprivation Eases Depression  Glial cells strike again.

Judge says giving up your password may be a violation of 5th Amendment. Forcing you to divulge evidence against yourself “may” be a violation of the 5th Amendment. Ya think? Totally gutless.

Calm Down … You Are Much More Likely to Be Killed By Boring, Mundane Things than Terrorism  I love numbers about relative risks. “You are 8 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than a terrorist.”

Advertisements

Please leave a relevant comment.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s